Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Marking territory or something wrong with Caitey?

We promptly returned home from Disney - my husband and I drove 20 hours non-stop because we were all very concerned about Caitey's situation at our friend's house.

The first day we were back, she peed altogether almost 40 times all over the yard (26 times during the 1st hour). At first I thought perhaps she was just reinforcing her territory in fear of losing her home front because she had been "abandoned" for a week?

Caitey's strange situation continued till a friend who was more experienced with dogs told me that she could be having bladder infection, which is quite common among female dogs. Her dry warm nose also confirmed such a possibility - she was having fever and constantly thirsty for water.

Since it was weekend and the vet office was closed, I started digging on the web for hours trying to get more information. Luckily I came across a tip that colloidal silver could cure Caitey's infection. Since I had used it topically in the past for things like a skin infection or sinus during the allergy season myself, I dug my old colloidal silver bottle out of the medical cabinet and gave her two table spoons a day - low and behold, she only peed a few times the next day and like a miracle she was fully back to her bad self on the 3rd day!

I was supposed to bring her to the vet's office on Monday but I guess being open-minded saved me the trip, not to mention the $$$!

Good tough girl!