Thursday, April 8, 2010

Coley's first night in mommie's room

I bought Coley a portable crate for travel so he can sleep in my room but can't roam around the house to mess up my floor like Caitey did when she first joined us. I left him outside the crate waiting for him to nap before putting him in, but I was so tired last night that I fell asleep before he did. This morning I woke up and found both dogs sleep like angels on their doggie beds, and there was no sign of peeing or pooing after 7 straight hours. Needless to say that I am a VERY happy mom.

I soon found out that both dogs have two layers of skin and shed heavily, sometimes they will leave a trail of hair behind when they chase each other in the hallway. I have been vacuuming around the clock and the "labor of love" is getting very tiring after a while. Thank goodness we have hardwood floor throughout!

Is there a way to let the dogs "walk" by floating in the air?