Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter Sunday -- Coley's 2nd day at home

The BBW bit the boy this morning and got yelled at, by Mommy of course. Now for once the bad girl realized that her bully behavior will not be tolerated in this house.

I have to say that I was completely shocked to see Caitey's 180-degree change of attitude soon, more like in a blink, but then it gets annoying the other way round.

Like, she HAS to be around him at ALL times and she won't leave him alone even for one second. Just now she woke up first from her nap, and had to poke Coley with her paw, sort of "wake up and play with me".

We assigned each dog to his/her kibble bowl, but they will have to eat out of the other's bowl - it must tastes better that way.

It is a lot of fun observing how the two pups interact with each other and how they react to commands differently. I was pleasantly surprised that Coley acts cool, calm and collected when meeting strangers. Being a typical hyper Golden Caitey still jumps on people even after puppy training, but Coley is more reserved when meeting new people - he would just sit aside and observe calmly.

I also noticed that the boy isn't really food motivated as in the case of Caitey, but more toy activated during training.

It is SO heartening for me to see my two little K9 angels finally start to warm up to each other and get along well. They now can roam around the house together without leash or being closely supervised.

I am very relieved... looks like we did not do a terrible thing for our doggie kids after all.