Thursday, January 27, 2011

Coley's First Birthday! (written by Claire)

Yeahh! Coley's first birthday was January 19, 2011. Me (Claire) the usual "I was busy!" one didn't write this post until January 27, 2011 which means that I'm about 8 days late. Sorry Coley! Claire was being simpleton but she hopes that you'll forgive her.

Coley has grown HUGE and I am completely dumbfounded by the fact that he still has room to grow! He's already over 80 pounds - how much bigger could he get? I do think that Coley is the biggest dog in the neighborhood, and that's saying a lot. We have at least 3 other dogs on the street but Coley is bigger them all. The other dogs are a bichon-frise, a black lab, and a Golden-Retriever/Cocker Spaniel Mix. So the only "big' dog is the black lab. (The black lab is still afraid of Coley!)

With all of the snow that we have, my family decided to take the dogs with us while my sister and I went sledding. The snow was about 5 inches deep but everyone stacks up the snow to "move it out of their driveway" so some places have over 7ish inches at least. Poor Caitey ("the shortie") was desperately waddling in the snow while Coley just walked through the snow like it wasn't even there. I guess Coley's height and spindly legs must have helped him a lot.

When my sister Caitlin and I started sledding, Coley followed us to the end of each trail each and every time. He would sniff and sometimes lick) us to make sure that we were okay. Caitey (HUMPH) would just play in the snow and chased after the snowballs that Daddy threw. At least Coley was concerned for my and my little sister's safety!

I'm supposed to bake cheesecake for Coley's birthday. I'll do that right after I finish up this post, okay Coley? I know that you love the cheesecake with the graham cracker crust dearly.

So belated happy 1st birthday, Coley! I hope that you'll live for many years to share your joy and love with our family and God bless you!